Wheels to Work


The Wheels for Work program is designed to remove transportation barriers that often prevent low-income individuals from maintaining employment. The program provides gas vouchers, bus passes, and/or limited vehicle repairs.

Eligibility Requirements

Participants must have income below 125% of Federal Poverty Guidelines and provide 30-days income verification (earned and unearned) for each household member over 18 years old. This program is limited to one time assistance per household per year.

Homeless youth, ages 16-18, may request a one time service for transportation to work sites, training opportunities or Alternative Education resources.


In order to obtain a bus pass you must be currently employed or seeking employment. Once determined eligible you can receive a 10-punch bus pass.

When applying for a car repair or gas voucher, you must submit copies of your driver’s license, car registration, and current car insurance. In order to receive a gas voucher you must be seeking employment or currently employed. For minor car repairs, you must be currently employed and provide two written cost estimates; phone estimates are not accepted.

Please contact a Case Manager at 406-247-4732 to discuss eligible repair options.

Applications may be picked up at the HRDC main office, 7 North 31st Street, Billings, MT 59101 at the 3rd floor front desk, or you can request one be mailed to you. You can also download an application at the link below:

For more information

Call or (406) 247-4732 or Email info@hrdc7.org

Do you, a friend or a family member need assistance?