Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG)
ESG offers emergency assistance through Continuum of Care Rapid Re-Housing and Homeless Prevention services to address homelessness. The Continuum of Care Rapid Re-Housing program helps a homeless individual or homeless family move as quickly as possible into permanent housing and achieve stability in that housing. Homeless Prevention services are available to individuals at risk of homelessness.
Who is eligible for Continuum of Care Rapid Re-Housing?
Individuals or families who lack a stable and adequate nighttime residence, such as:
- An individual or family with a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place, such as: a vehicle, a park, an abandoned building, bus or train station, airport or camping ground;
- An individual or family living in a supervised publicly or privately operated temporary shelter;
- An individual who is exiting an institution where he or she resided for 90 days or less and who resided in an emergency shelter or place not meant for human habitation immediately before entering that institution;
- Any individual or family who is attempting to flee domestic violence and has no other residence or who lacks resources and support networks to obtain permanent housing.
If the criteria above is met please call our office. (406) 247-4732
Who is eligible for Homeless Prevention services?
Individuals or families whose annual income is below 30% of AMI; who does not have sufficient resources or support networks immediately available to prevent them from moving to an emergency shelter; and must meet the following condition:
- Has been notified in writing that their right to occupy their current housing or living situation will be terminated in 14 days after the date of application for assistance;
- An eviction notice is enough to receive assistance.
An application can be picked up at our office in Billings or you can request that an application be mailed to you by calling our office. (406) 247-4732
For more information
Call (406) 247-4732 or Email email@example.com
This project is funded in whole or in part under a Contract with the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services. The statements herein do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Department.
General Assistance Programs
General Relief is an assistance program available to eligible individuals without dependents, to provide rental assistance while they are waiting for approval of Supplemental Security Income/Social Security Disability (SSI/SSDI).
Who is eligible?
In order to be eligible for services you have to meet the following criteria: no income in the household; a resident of Yellowstone County for 90 days; be receiving food stamp benefits; have a disability that can be medically verified; and have applied for SSI/SSDI, but have not been approved yet.
What services are available?
Services include rental and utility assistance, not to exceed the monthly income standards.
Can you pay rent to my family if I am living with them?
No, this program does not allow us to pay rent to family members.
Is this assistance a loan? Am I required to pay it back?
If you are approved for SSI/SSDI, the Social Security Administration will pay the assistance back to HRDC on your behalf, if you receive a back pay for the months you received assistance. If you are denied benefits by an Administrative Law Judge no repayment is owed.
Where do I obtain an application?
Applications can be picked up at our main office or you can call and request an application be mailed to you. You can also download an application at the link below:
For more information
Call (406) 247-4700 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org