Effective 9/1/23, the Crow Food Warehouse will be experiencing a guide rate change that will increase the amount of food received by each member of a household. In addition to the increase of eggs, meat and vegetables, the USDA is also offering frozen strawberries in 1lb packs and bison stew meat in 2lb packs. If you are interested in applying, reach out to the warehouse at 665-2523 or stop in at 409 N. Crook Ave and pick up an application. We also provide delivery service for elders to our tailgate areas including Crow Agency, Garryowen, Lodge Grass, Wyola, St. Xavier and Pryor.

The Crow Distribution Warehouse will  begin closing on the last day of the month for inventory purposes. We will also close on our State truck delivery day to give staff time to receive and restock the shelves. The warehouse will reopen the following day. For any other questions, call 406-665-2523.

Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)

HRDC operates the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) in Hardin, serving the Crow Reservation. FDPIR provides a variety of healthy and nutritious foods from canned fruits and vegetables to dry goods, frozen meats and fresh produce

Who is eligible for commodities?

All low income enrolled tribal members living on or near the Crow reservation are eligible for commodities. Also, low income non-enrolled tribal members and non-native people living on the reservation are eligible.

What do I need to bring when I apply?

  • Social security cards for all household members
  • Verification of wages for the last 30 days (wage stubs, unemployment statement, or social security statement).

What is the application process?

Applications are available at the Hardin office. If you are unable to visit the office, please call and we can mail one to you. Once an application is received, we will determine eligibility within 7 working days.

How often can I pick up food?

Food is provided monthly, however arrangements may be made if necessary to pick up food more often.

I receive SNAP. Am I eligible for commodities?

No. A household is not allowed to participate in the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) and the Commodities program at the same time.

I receive WIC. Am I eligible for commodities?


If I am not approved for commodities, where can I go for food?

Food banks and food pantries are available to low-income individuals throughout Montana. Click here to find the one nearest you.

For more information

FDPIR (Crow Food) Application

409 North Crook Ave
Hardin, MT 59034
(406) 665-2523 (Hardin)

Do you, a friend or a family member need assistance?