Child Care Update- January 15, 2021
RE: CARES Act funded grants for child care providers
Here is a survey link to collect reporting information on the final round of CARES Act funded grants for licensed child care providers: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CARESActProviderSurveyJan2021
- This report is mandatory for all child care programs who received funds after 8/20/2020
- Responses are due by 1/25/2021
- Please send any questions to HRDC7 at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Return Process for ONLY funds received after 8/20/2020: If you have awarded funds that you were not be able to spend by 12/30/2020, the State of Montana is requiring your organization to return any unspent funds no later than 1/30/2021. Remember, expenses can ONLY be incurred during the period of March 1, 2020-December 30, 2020. See your grant application regarding allowable expenses.
- If you have not already done so, please send a check in the amount of the unspent funds to: DPHHS – BFSD, PO Box 4210, Helena, MT 59604
- Please include a note with the check with the following details: Your organization name and indicate that it is for the licensed child care provider grant.
- This does not apply to any funds received before 8/20/2020
Note: Providers who received grant funding will receive two 1099’s for 2020. One will be 1099N for Best Beginnings payments and the other will be a 1099G for the specific (August/September) grant payment.