Summer Youth Employment & Training
The Summer Youth Employment and Training program is designed to provide low-income youth the opportunity to work during the summer months and receive job-readiness training, soft skills, and work experience all while getting paid.
What is new for 2018?
Limited spots are available.
- Each age group will be filled on a first come first serve basis after eligibility requirements are met.
- Complete applications with all required documentation must be turned in before a youth will be considered for the program.
- Youth who have not participated in a previous HRDC Summer E & T program will be enrolled first.
Who is eligible?
The Summer Youth Employment and Training Program is for low-income youth ages 14-17, who are income eligible and have little, no, or spotty work experience.
What services will I receive?
Below is a listing of all activities that may be provided by the Summer Youth Employment and Training Program:
- Summer employment opportunities directly linked to academic and occupational learning;
- Paid work experiences;
- Leadership development opportunities, which may include such activities as positive social behavior and soft skills, decision making, team work and other activities;
- Supportive services;
- Comprehensive guidance and counseling, as well as referrals to counseling, as appropriate to the needs of the individual youth.
What is expected of me?
Actively participate. Be on time. Speak up if you get in a jam. Strive for positive references.
Where can I expect to work?
We have contracted with several nonprofit agencies and local businesses for youth to gain employment experience. Through the generosity of our work experience sites, we have provided youth work opportunities in the fields of mechanics, health care, clerical, social services, animal care and construction, just to name a few.
How do I apply?
Download and fill out the application below then return it to us by:
- mail to PO Box 2016- Billings, MT 59103
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- drop it off at our office located at 3116 1st Ave N in Billings
Call (406) 247-4732, or email us with any questions.
Youth Employment for Participants
The Youth Employment program’s primary goal is to provide work readiness and training opportunities, to better prepare Montana’s youth for access to employment and long-term economic self-sufficiency.
For more information (including eligibility, services, and application)
Visit the state website at MT Youth Employment Program; call an HRDC case manager at (406) 247-4732; visit the Youth Program offices at 3116 1st Avenue North, Billings, MT 59101, or download the application below: