Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG)
WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ESG. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. THANK YOU.
ESG offers emergency assistance through Rapid Re-Housing and Homeless Prevention services to address homelessness. The Rapid Re-Housing program helps a homeless individual or homeless family move as quickly as possible into permanent housing and achieve stability in that housing. Homeless Prevention services are available to individuals at risk of homelessness.
Who is eligible for Rapid Re-Housing?
Individuals or families who lack a stable and adequate nighttime residence, such as:
- An individual or family with a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place, such as: a vehicle, a park, an abandoned building, bus or train station, airport or camping ground;
- An individual or family living in a supervised publicly or privately operated temporary shelter;
- An individual who is exiting an institution where he or she resided for 90 days or less and who resided in an emergency shelter or place not meant for human habitation immediately before entering that institution;
- Any individual or family who is attempting to flee domestic violence and has no other residence or who lacks resources and support networks to obtain permanent housing.
What should I bring with me to apply for Rapid Re-Housing?
To initiate an application, please bring verification of current housing status.
Who is eligible for Homeless Prevention services?
Individuals or families whose annual income is below 30% of AMI; who does not have sufficient resources or support networks immediately available to prevent them from moving to an emergency shelter; and must meet the following condition:
- Has been notified in writing that their right to occupy their current housing or living situation will be terminated in 14 days after the date of application for assistance;
What if I’ve received an eviction notice?
An eviction notice is enough to receive assistance.
Can you help me with my mortgage if I’m heading toward foreclosure?
ESG funding is not for homeowners. HRDC offers Foreclosure Counseling to connect you with the resources to prevent or help you through the foreclosure process.
Where do I obtain an application?
Applications are available to download below. A hard copy can be picked up at our office in Billings or you can request that an application be mailed to you.
For more information
Call (406) 247-4700 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is funded in whole or in part under a Contract with the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services. The statements herein do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Department.